Economists may not agree on much, but we all agree that economic output is a function of capital and labor. Ask a Keynesian, a Marxist, an Austrian, a monetarist, or any economist, and they’ll all agree that living standards are determined by the quality and quantity of these two factors of production.
So it should be very worrisome that there has been a big drop in the share of the population that is employed. Here’s a chart produced from Bureau of Labor Statistics data, showing labor force participation during the 21st Century.
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Ann Coulter: Chris McDaniel’s killing his political future by contesting the Mississippi runoff results Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Watch Jake Tapper embarrass pro-Hamas attorney Noah Rothman 12 hours ago