I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Negotiating strategy 101, courtesy of Marx & Lenin. 1. Obama, with the wholehearted support of the useful idiot media, uncompromisingly and obnoxiously demands twice what he actually wants. 2. The GOP, having convinced itself of Obama's intransigence, thinks it can safely impress the public with its reasonableness by offering to meet half way. 3. Surprise -- Obama calls the bluff and graciously accepts "half a loaf" (which is all he really wanted anyway). 4. And the Stupid Party is suckered for the 900th time, and is complicit in screwing the taxpayers for the 900th time.
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The obligatory “LA woman in labor can’t cross street because of Obama’s motorcade” post Allahpundit 3 hours ago