I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Negotiating strategy 101, courtesy of Marx & Lenin. 1. Obama, with the wholehearted support of the useful idiot media, uncompromisingly and obnoxiously demands twice what he actually wants. 2. The GOP, having convinced itself of Obama's intransigence, thinks it can safely impress the public with its reasonableness by offering to meet half way. 3. Surprise -- Obama calls the bluff and graciously accepts "half a loaf" (which is all he really wanted anyway). 4. And the Stupid Party is suckered for the 900th time, and is complicit in screwing the taxpayers for the 900th time.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Obama: The world’s always been messy, but now social media is amplifying it Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air exclusive interview with Gov. Rick Perry Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Hey, maybe Daryl’s gay Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Report: ISIS eyeing Mexican border to infiltrate America and execute terrorist attacks Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Should Kirsten Gillibrand name the senator who told her “I like my girls chubby”? Allahpundit 12 hours ago