I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
Negotiating strategy 101, courtesy of Marx & Lenin. 1. Obama, with the wholehearted support of the useful idiot media, uncompromisingly and obnoxiously demands twice what he actually wants. 2. The GOP, having convinced itself of Obama's intransigence, thinks it can safely impress the public with its reasonableness by offering to meet half way. 3. Surprise -- Obama calls the bluff and graciously accepts "half a loaf" (which is all he really wanted anyway). 4. And the Stupid Party is suckered for the 900th time, and is complicit in screwing the taxpayers for the 900th time.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago