In response to:
Democrat logic is at least consistent and understandable: If we do it, it's good. If our opponents do it, it's very bad. Doesn't matter what it is.
"You don't have to be a deficit hawk to be disturbed by the growing gap between revenues and expenses," said Sen. Barack Obama during a Nov. 3, 2005, debate on the Senate floor. At the time, Obama had been a senator for less than a year and the federal budget deficit was in fact shrinking, from $248 billion in fiscal 2006 to $160 billion in fiscal 2007. Still, Obama seemed deeply concerned about the deficit, and he appeared to believe it when he said the only way to close the shortfalls was to force Congress to pay for what it...
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 48 mins ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 2 hours ago
- Alison Lundergan Grimes channels Patches O’Houlihan on campaign trail Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Hillary: After weeks of criticism, I have decided I do have an opinion on Ferguson Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- DNC spokesman: We condemn Rand Paul’s “blame America” worldview Allahpundit 4 hours ago