President Obama said "these cuts are not smart. They are not fair. They will hurt our economy." Speaker Boehner, writing in the Wall Street Journal, said "there's nothing wrong with cutting spending that much......
The headline of this article should read, "Both Parties Agree: We'll use this ridiculous dispute to fool the public into thinking we want to do something about controlling spending."
Sequestration Is the Worst Option Except for All the Other Options Both Democrats and Republicans have been roundly criticizing the security and economic effects of sequestration and, at the same time, taking very little action. The only logical conclusion is that both parties agree that sequestration is an awful, terrible, harmful set of policies - except the other proposed replacements are worse.
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 31 mins ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Boehner: Obama’s request for authorization to arm the Syrian “moderates” is a sound one Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 3 hours ago