Amanda Collins is a young rape survivor. While in college in 2007, she was raped 50 feet away from the campus police department office at the University of Nevada-Reno and was lucky to get out alive. Her attacker was James Biela, a serial rapist who raped two other women and murdered another. He attacked her at gun point in a gun free zone. At the time of the attack, Collins was in possession of a concealed weapons permit but was not in possession of her firearm due to university policies prohibiting carrying concealed weapons on campus. She was also a...
In response to:
For the purpose of clarification, please define the term "assault weapon". A baseball bat can be used in an "assault with a deadly weapon". Many of the things under consideration for banning are purely cosmetic and make a gun look more scary. Guns that look scary would be more effective in deterrence without having to actually shoot. Legislating out the ability to actually shoot would, of course, completely negate that effect. Also, automatic weapons are not banned, they are merely very hard to get. It is expensive and the background check is extensive, but it is available.
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 14 minutes ago
- McCain on Ted Cruz: Have these self-proclaimed Reagan Republicans forgotten that Reagan gave amnesty to three million illegals? Allahpundit 54 minutes ago
- Yikes: ObamaCare signups slowed down in February Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Newest target of Latino media on immigration reform: Barack Obama? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Pew poll: 61% of Republicans under age 30 support legalizing gay marriage Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: National lightbringer turns out not to be so centrist after all Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago