Later this morning, House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Paul Ryan will formally reveal his party's fiscal blueprint for FY 2014. The new "Path to Prosperity" will achieve balance by 2023, with annual deficits dipping below $100 billion seven times over the next decade. It does not raise taxes. It offers specific reforms to reduce and control unsustainable healthcare spending while saving important safety net programs from insolvency. And it reduces deficits by $4.6 trillion over the next ten years (compared to the current trajectory) without relying on misleading gimmicks. Based on Ryan's appearance on Fox News Sunday...
In response to:
Well, you have two choices: Either you can reform programmes and make smart cuts or you can wait until circumstances make the decisions for you. Ask the youth of the Club-Med, 55% of them, who are unemployed, if they had wished their parents had addressed the problems years ago.
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Daniele Watts won’t apologize, but how about the media? Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago