Democrats in the state House have proposed a bill that would force gun owners to either surrender or destroy weapons including semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines and semi-automatic pistols with a fixed magazine that can shoot more than 10 rounds before being reloaded.
Ammunition-feeding devices that can hold more than 10 rounds also would be banned. Owners also could send their weapons to another...
In response to:
Gun control advocates argue that laws such as the Assault Weapons Ban caused the murder rate to drop. The evidence does not seem to support such an assertion. In fact, the murder rate peaked in 1980 at 10.2 per 100,000 and hit a 4 decade low -- 4.2 per 100,000 -- 6 years after the AWB expired. There is actually more correlation between the increase in CCW laws and the decrease in the murder and overall crime rates than there is between the AWB and the murder rate. There is even less correlation between the AWB and the decrease in stranger murders. http://blogs.justice.gov/main/archives/1765
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 9 hours ago