There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Guy, you and I are soul brothers, believe me. And I think we, as conservatives, are doing what any group of like-thinking people would do after a major defeat - we're getting angry and at the same time licking our wounds. But if we keep fooling ourselves that we lost this election because of voter fraud, then we'll lose the next one too. I like your technological solution - not because I think it would have won us this election, but rather because it's the right thing to do to give us confidence in the system. Just like the NFL replay rule, huh? But your question about how Obama got elected with so many failures on his resume is the right one, I think.
- Dempsey continues to frustrate Obama with admission some Arab allies fund ISIS Noah Rothman 10 mins ago
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago