There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Look, you rightly point out that the writer of the article said what she said. And you are also correct, obviously, that your guy won. Handily, probably. But our larger point is that there is a substantial percentage of Americans (legit and non-legit) who are receiving government handouts, and they will continue to vote Democrat because that's the party that gives them the free stuff. Republicans want to get them to work for it. Hey, if I were in the 47%, I'd vote Democrat too. But we are headed down the wrong path, and it is not sustainable. Sorry. I don't care what little word games you can play with "47%".
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago