There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
I don't know this to be true, but there were guests on Fox News that reminded us that George McGovern and Walter Mondale drew crowds that dwarfed those of Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan. And in each case, the guy with the larger crowds was demolished at the polls. I don't mean to say that there wasn't voter fraud - I have no idea. But if you buy the theory that voter fraud is the only explanation for losing if you have far greater crowds at your rallies than the other guy, then McGovern and Mondale should have been the legitimate winners in 1972 and 1984.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Video: First case of Ebola found in the US Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Romney on 2016: “We’ve got a lot of people looking at the race. We’ll see what happens.” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 10 hours ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago