Liberals are constantly telling us conservatives that "you can't legislate morality". Isn't it quite the same thing when they tell us that we have to have laws to make retailers play nice after a disaster by keeping their prices low so the poor victims can afford whatever it is they're selling?
Here's a which-is-better question for you. Suppose a New Jersey motel room rented for $125 a night prior to Hurricane Sandy's devastation. When the hurricane hits, a husband, wife and their two youngsters might seek the comfort of renting two adjoining rooms. However, when they arrive at the motel, they find that rooms now rent for $250. At that price, they might decide to make do with one room. In my book, that would be wonderful. That decision would make a room available for another family who had to evacuate Sandy's wrath. New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and others condemn this...
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 42 mins ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Decision to release details of failed raid to free James Foley backfires on White House Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago