The simplistic, if understandable, answer to that question for many conservatives is right now. The national debt has surpassed our GDP, we're borrowing 40 cents of every dollar we spend, and our unpaid-for federal obligations already exceed $80 trillion. We're in dire straits; there's no escaping that. But there's also no escaping certain political realities: The public isn't feeling especially charitable toward Congressional Republicans these days, Democrats control 55 Senate seats, and this president will occupy the Oval Office for the next four years. If the GOP is seeking to apply pressure on the Left to improve our...
In response to:
Children do not want to see their gun-addicted parents taken away to deprogramming centers for a long time. They love and need their parents.
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 12 minutes ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 51 minutes ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 2 hours ago