We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
I just wrote Romney should fire the entire State and start over and he should dissolve the Dept of Ed. and give it up. Scores have done nothing but plummet since Carter caved to the NEA (union) and started ot DOE. And it does almost nothing except give out BILLIONS in grants to people taking vacations to appreciate art, study "Eksimo" math, take private piano lessons, and/or promote Ebonics. Some of those are worthless and others should be paid for by citizens on their own and not any fed. dept. Bork'em. VOTE THE ENTIRE REP.TICKET IN NOV.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago