We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
I just wrote Romney should fire the entire State and start over and he should dissolve the Dept of Ed. and give it up. Scores have done nothing but plummet since Carter caved to the NEA (union) and started ot DOE. And it does almost nothing except give out BILLIONS in grants to people taking vacations to appreciate art, study "Eksimo" math, take private piano lessons, and/or promote Ebonics. Some of those are worthless and others should be paid for by citizens on their own and not any fed. dept. Bork'em. VOTE THE ENTIRE REP.TICKET IN NOV.
- CPAC interviews: The candidates Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Amazing: Leader of authoritarian gulag state unanimously “elected” with 100 percent voter turnout Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago