Earlier this week, President Obama called for even higher taxes on wealthy Americans in the future to tackle our massive debt and deficit problems even after hiking taxes on 77 percent of Americans in the fiscal cliff deal. Now, ethics challenged Rep. Maxine Waters, who is now the second most powerful member on the House Banking Committee, is following in Obama's footsteps by calling for further soaking of the rich through taxes on Ed Schultz's radio show. Laughably, Waters also suggests the massive cost of Social Security and Medicare can be offset by taxing the rich, even though confiscating...
In response to:
The truth is with the return of the payroll tax (which is needed to fund Soc. Sec. that is in the financial pits as it is), middle class people will pay more proportionately in deductions than the "super" rich. On the other hand, the Bush "cuts" are now permanent and will not be up for Dem. demagoguery and ransom again.
- U.S. sends subtle shot at the United Nations over complicity in Gaza violence Noah Rothman 37 minutes ago
- Polls show Israel in lockstep with Netanyahu on Gaza war Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago