Earlier this week, President Obama called for even higher taxes on wealthy Americans in the future to tackle our massive debt and deficit problems even after hiking taxes on 77 percent of Americans in the fiscal cliff deal. Now, ethics challenged Rep. Maxine Waters, who is now the second most powerful member on the House Banking Committee, is following in Obama's footsteps by calling for further soaking of the rich through taxes on Ed Schultz's radio show. Laughably, Waters also suggests the massive cost of Social Security and Medicare can be offset by taxing the rich, even though confiscating...
In response to:
The truth is with the return of the payroll tax (which is needed to fund Soc. Sec. that is in the financial pits as it is), middle class people will pay more proportionately in deductions than the "super" rich. On the other hand, the Bush "cuts" are now permanent and will not be up for Dem. demagoguery and ransom again.
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 19 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago