Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
Well if anybody wants to start funding conservative entertainment, I've got a passel of novels I've been trying to sell for the last twenty years. The conservative themes are buried deep, as I've been trying to wheedle my way into the most liberal of liberal bastions. It's not just me, of course; while there are conservative publishing houses that are happy to put out non-fiction books, novels are still the province of the petite fascists of New York. It's quite possible I overestimate the quality of my own work and it's really just not good enough, even for a conservative publisher. But oh how I'd like to try! For now I've got just one of them available on Amazon (http://tinyurl.com/792oqpd); I can't afford covers for the rest.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 9 hours ago