Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
Well if anybody wants to start funding conservative entertainment, I've got a passel of novels I've been trying to sell for the last twenty years. The conservative themes are buried deep, as I've been trying to wheedle my way into the most liberal of liberal bastions. It's not just me, of course; while there are conservative publishing houses that are happy to put out non-fiction books, novels are still the province of the petite fascists of New York. It's quite possible I overestimate the quality of my own work and it's really just not good enough, even for a conservative publisher. But oh how I'd like to try! For now I've got just one of them available on Amazon (http://tinyurl.com/792oqpd); I can't afford covers for the rest.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014