Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
Well if anybody wants to start funding conservative entertainment, I've got a passel of novels I've been trying to sell for the last twenty years. The conservative themes are buried deep, as I've been trying to wheedle my way into the most liberal of liberal bastions. It's not just me, of course; while there are conservative publishing houses that are happy to put out non-fiction books, novels are still the province of the petite fascists of New York. It's quite possible I overestimate the quality of my own work and it's really just not good enough, even for a conservative publisher. But oh how I'd like to try! For now I've got just one of them available on Amazon (http://tinyurl.com/792oqpd); I can't afford covers for the rest.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago