Closet Racism Comes Out

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Aug 26, 2013 1:55 PM
I lived in Chile for several years and in many of the small towns there is a black American basketball player who plays for the local team. Only one foreigner is allowed on each team, and most of the foreigners are Americans, and nearly all are black. Few of them speak much Spanish, and so they are permanent outsiders while they live down there. From what I saw they are treated very well, and everybody is quick to be friendly, but they are also very lonely. Every time I ran into one of these guys they were so glad to see me, and I always spent some time with them, went to dinner a couple of times etc. The thing that really struck me is how being an American mattered so much when we were both far from home--race didn't matter a darn. No matter what part of the country they were from, and how different it was from Arizona (my home), being American trumped everything else. If they learned Spanish, married a local, and lived there permanently, no doubt they would continue to be well-treated because of being so singular. It's not hard to avoid prejudice when you're dealing with an individual. But when you start looking at groups, things change. Chilenos used to say 'everybody is racist in America,' as if that was an indisputable fact, but then in Chile, these basketball players were just about the only guys of African descent in the whole country. Look at their home-grown minority and lo! Racism emerges. The pre-Spanish Araucano tribe (the derogatory is Mapuches) are not highly regarded in polite Chileno society. The same things racists in America have always said about blacks are said about them in Chile. They have low IQs, they aren't good at academics, etc. Exactly the same! So naturally the homegrown leftists in Chile consider the Araucanos as helpless infants in need of succor, just as the leftist racists in America treat blacks. Neither are not expected to behave as adults, and it is the left perpetuating that situation because it makes them feel good about their racism by another name. We often forget that racism was THE scientific theory for a couple of centuries. It used to hold the pride of place currently occupied by Darwinism. It should surprise nobody that the leftists in Europe are shocked when those they regard as of inferior race come into their culture are not properly grateful for the condescension of the noble ones.
One band that impressed me with being non-political was Duran Duran. The only reason I ever listened to them in the first place was to impress a girl, but after I read the following response by Nick Rhodes to a reporter I started paying attention for real. He said: "Why would you ask me a question like that? Why would anyone care what I think? We're the modern equivalent of court jesters." I can't remember what they question was about, something political. Now perhaps since then they've said all kinds of political stuff, and I really don't care, because my own attitude about entertainers is exactly what Nick Rhodes said in the 80s; why do I care what the court jester says? I don't have to buy their stuff or pay them any heed, and I don't. The problem is convincing young skulls of mush they should be more discerning instead of following the herd. But then again lots of older people follow the herd too. Corporate officers run after new fads like teeny-boppers screaming after Elvis. Embarrassing.

Girls With Guns

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Jan 08, 2013 2:58 PM
The equality of women never really surfaced in any society or culture until the small, concealable pistol became available. So long as muscle-powered weapons were the norm, women always needed protectors. Now a woman can live on her own, drive around, work wherever she wants etc--thanks to the small, concealable pistol. Now a 6'6" 300-pound man can be taken down by a 98-pound 5'0" woman. That required a stupendous amount of luck before the 19th century, but now no predatory scumbag of a man knows which woman is armed and which is not. It provides safety even for women who hate guns and would never ever carry one, who are trying to get them banned so they can go back to being perpetual victims needing Big Brother to protect them.
I'm more worried about inflation than taxes. I got my last raise 5 years ago, and immediately we had a 5% pay cut because of bad economic times. That lasted 22 months. Then we had a 2.5% pay cut the next two years. This year I'm finally getting the pay I was raised to 5 years ago--first time actually getting my official salary. And in the intervening time, officially inflation has eaten up 12% of that, so I'm still not getting paid as much as I was six years ago. But inflation isn't quite as even as it seems. Some things are down, and they average out those goods rising faster than inflation, like food and gasoline. And now with a 6% tax hike, and more expensive health insurance, etc...I'm gonna be over 21-22% poorer. UGH.
He used the wrong word though; not gifts, bribes. A huge chunk of America sold their votes, simple as that.

The Conservative Insurgency

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Nov 14, 2012 1:37 PM
Well if anybody wants to start funding conservative entertainment, I've got a passel of novels I've been trying to sell for the last twenty years. The conservative themes are buried deep, as I've been trying to wheedle my way into the most liberal of liberal bastions. It's not just me, of course; while there are conservative publishing houses that are happy to put out non-fiction books, novels are still the province of the petite fascists of New York. It's quite possible I overestimate the quality of my own work and it's really just not good enough, even for a conservative publisher. But oh how I'd like to try! For now I've got just one of them available on Amazon (http://tinyurl.com/792oqpd); I can't afford covers for the rest.

Vulgarizing Sexual Politics Down

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Nov 02, 2012 5:22 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing. I don't care if somebody is richer than I am if I have enough. And I would love to be one of those 400 one day, instead of pulling them down to my level. If you had your way no crab would ever escape the bucket.

The Age of the Narcissistic Male

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Aug 10, 2012 2:30 PM
Women always get what they want, and narcissists is what they want. Hence more male narcissists. However feminism is narcissism--the difference is that only the latter is considered a mental disorder. Nobody disagrees with early feminism's goals: women should own property, vote, etc. But once the actual injustices were cured, they moved onto imaginary injustices, and off the rails. There are still plenty of traditionally-minded men around, but they either get married and discover that supposedly traditionally-minded women think that it's perfectly cool to treat their husbands with brutal contempt in public, or they just avoid marriage unless they find a woman who actually respects herself, a rare animal indeed.

The Age of the Narcissistic Male

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Aug 10, 2012 2:25 PM
Nail. Head. Totally.
McCarthy may have been right, but I still dislike the showboating style he used--for tactical reasons. I don't think he did it for the heck of it, but rather to try and garner attention and make people think, but it just played into the hands of the petite-fascists. Strategically he has been shown to be right beyond all doubt, but his tactics lost the battle and several subsequent battles. It's no easy matter to fight the petite-fascist propaganda ministry at ABC/NBC/CBS/NY Times/CNN/Wash Post etc, and his tactical mistakes caused the opposite of his desired effect. It doesn't matter that he's been vindicated, and what Will & company did is use the Big Lie against the Big Liars. Crude but occasionally effective.
This isn't an unintended consequence; they simply don't care if some people have to die for their vision of the future. The entire environmentalist movement is rabidly anti-human, and their most honest adherents are very plain about their desire to see 4+ billion people 'removed' from the planet. This is just small fry compared with their true desires. The enviro-nazis will never be satisfied until they're the only humans left.