He used the wrong word though; not gifts, bribes. A huge chunk of America sold their votes, simple as that.

The Conservative Insurgency

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Nov 14, 2012 1:37 PM
Well if anybody wants to start funding conservative entertainment, I've got a passel of novels I've been trying to sell for the last twenty years. The conservative themes are buried deep, as I've been trying to wheedle my way into the most liberal of liberal bastions. It's not just me, of course; while there are conservative publishing houses that are happy to put out non-fiction books, novels are still the province of the petite fascists of New York. It's quite possible I overestimate the quality of my own work and it's really just not good enough, even for a conservative publisher. But oh how I'd like to try! For now I've got just one of them available on Amazon (http://tinyurl.com/792oqpd); I can't afford covers for the rest.

Vulgarizing Sexual Politics Down

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Nov 02, 2012 5:22 PM
You say that like it's a bad thing. I don't care if somebody is richer than I am if I have enough. And I would love to be one of those 400 one day, instead of pulling them down to my level. If you had your way no crab would ever escape the bucket.

The Age of the Narcissistic Male

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Aug 10, 2012 2:30 PM
Women always get what they want, and narcissists is what they want. Hence more male narcissists. However feminism is narcissism--the difference is that only the latter is considered a mental disorder. Nobody disagrees with early feminism's goals: women should own property, vote, etc. But once the actual injustices were cured, they moved onto imaginary injustices, and off the rails. There are still plenty of traditionally-minded men around, but they either get married and discover that supposedly traditionally-minded women think that it's perfectly cool to treat their husbands with brutal contempt in public, or they just avoid marriage unless they find a woman who actually respects herself, a rare animal indeed.

The Age of the Narcissistic Male

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Aug 10, 2012 2:25 PM
Nail. Head. Totally.
McCarthy may have been right, but I still dislike the showboating style he used--for tactical reasons. I don't think he did it for the heck of it, but rather to try and garner attention and make people think, but it just played into the hands of the petite-fascists. Strategically he has been shown to be right beyond all doubt, but his tactics lost the battle and several subsequent battles. It's no easy matter to fight the petite-fascist propaganda ministry at ABC/NBC/CBS/NY Times/CNN/Wash Post etc, and his tactical mistakes caused the opposite of his desired effect. It doesn't matter that he's been vindicated, and what Will & company did is use the Big Lie against the Big Liars. Crude but occasionally effective.
This isn't an unintended consequence; they simply don't care if some people have to die for their vision of the future. The entire environmentalist movement is rabidly anti-human, and their most honest adherents are very plain about their desire to see 4+ billion people 'removed' from the planet. This is just small fry compared with their true desires. The enviro-nazis will never be satisfied until they're the only humans left.

Tyrants and Human Nature

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Jul 18, 2012 5:40 PM
I lived in Chile while Pinochet was running the joint, and he wasn't right wing, except when compared to a hard leftist. He was all for building government housing interfering in everything he could etc. He came up with plan after plan to help the poor, and his style was like socialism's maiden aunt, with some nasty secret police activity on the side. If he's right wing for using several Chicago economists to revamp his economic system, then China is right wing for liberalizing their economy. I'm afraid that the only real difference between 'right wing' and 'left wing' dictators is their allegiances; you can barely tell one from the other, but if they aligned with the Soviets they were left, and with the USA they were right.

Tyrants and Human Nature

Renaissance Nerd Wrote: Jul 18, 2012 5:37 PM
Originally 'right wing' meant monarchist, which while not a dictatorship per se, usually is in effect. Any king needs a bunch of ministers and officers too; the difference between the Tsar and his secret police and Stalin and his NKVD is barely perceptible to the naked eye, but there's your right wing and left wing dictatorships. It's the problem with using so many stupid labels for a continuum that doesn't fit on a straight line anyway.
Silly human, it's still the Republican's fault! The city is just going bankrupt as a new method of union-busting. It's all a scam to frighten the union into giving in! Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket!
If it's okay to admit you don't know, then why demand that all believe? A demand for an unquestionable dogma is not scientific, nor is the use of shifting definitions in arguments. If you define evolution as "changes in animal species" then you'll find nobody, not even a 6k-year creationist, who'll disagree. Everyone agrees that species have changed over time. If you define evolution as it is forced upon us all as a new religion, then you run into more problems with belief. I disbelieve evolutionary theories for the same reason I disbelieve environmental alarmism: the command that I am required to believe. A billion PhDs do not grant the right to demand absolute belief from others.