Well, the unthinkable happened. The Senate's sweeping gun legislation came up short on the votes required to move forward. And despite all the idealistic calls for passage and despite the fact that many pundits and advocates seem to believe that something should be law simply because "the vast...
One advantage to being old, is having lived so long. When people get to be my age they can see the pendulum swing. Several times in my life I have watched the "unfairness" of the Representative form of government we live under "protect" the RIGHTS of the minority. Although the numbers are hard to believe in so many of the media's quotes, IT FINALLY FEELS GOOD TO HAVE THE MINORITIES RIGHTS PROTECTED IN THE PRECISE WAY THE FATERS PENNED IT TO.
President Barack Obama has been struggling to wrap his head around the "unimaginable" idea that Congress may "defy" the American people and stop a vote on a gun control package compromise. The notion, he says, resists the "overwhelming instinct of the American people" after the massacre in Newtown, Conn., to pass gun control legislation.
- The Democrats have a fee-vah and the only prescription is a new government shutdown Allahpundit 39 mins ago
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago