How about altering the format of a debt ceiling increase, so that the Government may only borrow an additional $3 billion per day? Run out of money today, there's always tomorrow - but you still have to weigh tomorrow's expenditures out carefully. This would reduce borrowing from today's level of about $4 billion per day.
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago