In response to:
Or V.P. Cheney, or Sen. Lugar....
Ridley Scott likes to think big thoughts, and he likes to put them into big movies. It seems as though he’s decided to put all his biggest thoughts into his latest big movie. The result is Prometheus, which is the name of the film, the spaceship in which much of the story transpires, and of an ancient Greek proto-god who gave knowledge to mankind.
As you can see, Scott also likes to name things in significant ways, especially spaceships. The original Alien movie is set mainly on a spaceship named Nostromo, which is taken from a Joseph Conrad novel of the same name. Nostromo is an...
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of whites say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 39 mins ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Mitt Romney takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- A Christian conundrum in conservative rhetoric? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sanitizing terror: Has the press distorted Islamic radical’s crusade against gay men? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Family friend tells WaPo: Yes, Darren Wilson did suffer an eye socket fracture Allahpundit 3 hours ago