At the White House once I was regaling him with local news from Champaign (which he was always ready to hear), and I said, 'Blank is dead; his extremely disloyal sentiments so provoked his neighbors that there was serious talk of inflicting vengeance on him, and he was found dead in bed—caused largely by fright.' This man was an old Whig friend of Lincoln, but the reason of his exit from life's trials amused him. His comment was, 'He died, then, to save his life, it seems.'"- Lincoln's Own Stories, Anthony Gross, HARPER & BROTHERS PUBLISHERS NEW YORK AND LONDON, 1912...
In response to:
Perhaps Boneless needs to be boned? Oh, right. BHO just boned him, and us as well.
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 53 minutes ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago