How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
Remember ". . . and the meek shall inherit the Earth"? Isn't democracy (of some form) exactly that - the humble having rule over the land?
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago