How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
Remember ". . . and the meek shall inherit the Earth"? Isn't democracy (of some form) exactly that - the humble having rule over the land?
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 16 minutes ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 56 minutes ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Obama to deliver statement at 6:45 ET feigning interest in border crisis Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Border crisis update: White House is renovating its bowling alley Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Lois Lerner’s attorney backtracks: Okay, maybe she printed out ‘some’ emails Noah Rothman 3 hours ago