How many decisions in our day-to-day lives would we like to be made through majority rule or the democratic process? How about the decision to watch a football game or "Law and Order"? What about whether to purchase a Chevrolet Volt or a Toyota Prius? Would you...
And suppose those writing the tests, write them to require a "progressive" worldview? Look at how candidates are winnowed in Islamic countries by their clergy: No insufficiently radical candidate is even permitted to run. Suppose they likewise required all voters to be sufficiently "Islamic"? You have a good idea, but there's too much chance of mischief there.
President Barack Obama narrowly defeated Gov. Mitt Romney in the popular vote 51 percent to 48 percent. In the all-important Electoral College, the difference was larger, with Obama winning 303 electoral votes and Romney 206. Let's not think so much about the election's outcome but instead ask: What's so good about democracy and majority rule?
- Dems fret that ISIS will force America to return to Iraq Noah Rothman 31 mins ago
- Video: Don Lemon claims “most people” can buy automatic weapons in America Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: The shooting of Kajieme Powell Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Perry grand juror also a Texas Democratic Party delegate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sen. Bernie Sanders confronted by constituents: ‘F*** Israel!’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Obama not grasping the seriousness of the Foley murder, says … Chris Matthews? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago