A Magic Pen And An Empty Suit

Reed42 Wrote: 14 hours ago (8:29 AM)
African Americans, Mr. Obama's strongest voting block, will bear the weight of the action more than any other group. My condolences.
We do appreciate his view. We do not appreciate the new allegations if he is guilty.

Ferguson—Michael Brown Got Justice

Reed42 Wrote: Nov 22, 2014 11:05 AM
How about "Muslems". The argument is more powerful without the name calling. It cheapens your statement. That said, I am guilty myself of using less civil language Fromm ime to time.

Ferguson—Michael Brown Got Justice

Reed42 Wrote: Nov 22, 2014 11:00 AM
I am never comfortable about loss of life, expecially of one so young. There were many culpable people all along the line but the ultimate responsibility for the outcome is Mr. Brown's, not Officer Williams.

Ferguson—Michael Brown Got Justice

Reed42 Wrote: Nov 22, 2014 9:42 AM
Red, Perhaps I have been around longer than you, but i see the overall trend in the bettering direction. Perhaps it is hard to see from here where we hit a low with actions of the current President and AG especially. I remember the race riots in Watts and Detroit and the tension it caused in the country and seen several highs and lows since then. I pray my perspective is correct and yours in not, but only time will tell.

Ferguson—Michael Brown Got Justice

Reed42 Wrote: Nov 22, 2014 9:34 AM
My error including Rosa Parks as a Republican. She was not.

Ferguson—Michael Brown Got Justice

Reed42 Wrote: Nov 22, 2014 9:31 AM
Dear Zenarts, My first thought was this is well done sarcasm, but further reading I am not sure. If so, well done you got me. If not, I must say it takes a real social, political and economic blindness to come to your points. First of all, you are correct that racism is institutionalized and pervasive but only within the construct of Democratic party policy and practice. Just to to identify a single policy that resulted in less Black economic, educational or social gain that did not have more Democrat votes than Republican. Or try the inverse, find a single policy that resulted in more Black economic, educational or social gain that had more Democrat votes than Republican. One more test, look at the gains made when black leaders and people voted Republican (Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglass , George Washington Carver, Jackie Robinson, Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King Jr. and Hiram Rhodes Revels were all Republicans) vs the losses when Black leaders of today are all Democrats. Just look at the losses under Mr. Obama alone. The racism and poor outcome for minorities is inherent the the Democrat philosophy of treating everyone with group rights. The Republican philosophy of treating everyone as equals negates over time all the political and economic is the only historic way to make progress to the equality ends you appear to desire. Like the great philosopher Yogi Berra said "you will see it when you believe it". Please look at the historical facts and open your mind to understand how reality works, not any one particular philosophy.

Ferguson—Michael Brown Got Justice

Reed42 Wrote: Nov 22, 2014 9:08 AM
Red and Corn, Civil war is far from inevitable. Witness the last election cycle. The political landscape has had enough of the racist political leaders and removed them from power (with one exception, he was not on the ballet, but his policies were and his policies were repudiated). We tend to swing from the race and class based (group rights only) politicians to the individual rights politicians as we just did. Expect race relations to improve over the next few years not deteriorate. PS. Corndog, "towlies"? please keep it nice......

Ferguson—Michael Brown Got Justice

Reed42 Wrote: Nov 22, 2014 9:00 AM
Unfortunately Mr. Brown received only the results of his own actions. Yes it is tragic the young man died, and it is at the far extreme end of possible outcomes, but that does not change the fact the outcome was purely a result of his own actions.
I congratulated Mr. Obama (but did not celebrate) taking the oath of office of the United States of Ameica. Somehow I missed his coronation as Emperor of the former republic knows as the United States of America. When did this happen?