Imagine completing college, then 4 years of graduate school and finally working as a trainee for three to ten years while earning 3-4 times the Federal Poverty level. Then you are permitted to work on your own and go into business, but are unable to set the rates that you will charge your customers. You are required by the federal and state government to pay for the privilege of working, and have to comply with intrusive regulations making it more costly to conduct business with no ability to pass these costs along to your customers. You have almost a...
Good point on the ACO's. People do not seem to realize that the so called quality metrics that the insurance companies and Medicare are touting often are only measures of how much money the doctor can save them and make for them. Where is the Attorney General screaming "conflict of interest", Where is the AMA on this? They obviously have no care for the best interest of patients. Only themselves. How many brain tumors will be missed because Ct scans were never ordered, so the doctor would be able to make ends meet by getting a "bonus" from an ACO for not doing his job?
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 34 minutes ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Poll: 55% of Americans under age 35 oppose sanctions on Russia Allahpundit 4 hours ago