Imagine completing college, then 4 years of graduate school and finally working as a trainee for three to ten years while earning 3-4 times the Federal Poverty level. Then you are permitted to work on your own and go into business, but are unable to set the rates that you will charge your customers. You are required by the federal and state government to pay for the privilege of working, and have to comply with intrusive regulations making it more costly to conduct business with no ability to pass these costs along to your customers. You have almost a...
You misunderstood his arguments. Re-read it, he is pointing out that both groups are curbing the abilities of Doctors to practice free-market medicine. Hospitals carve out a nice position by being "non-profit" yet their administrators make six to seven figure salaries. Then when doctors want to build a hospital and offer better prices to consumers they block them. NPs and Optoms undercut physicians by pretending to offer equivalent health-care and thus demand equal reimbursement from third party government payers. Some doctors have even hired these para-professionals in an attempt to make ends meet. In the end, the patients get it in the back end. They simply don't have the training.
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Dem donors demand discount for Obama dinners? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Months later, ObamaCare exchanges still aren’t working properly Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago