Imagine completing college, then 4 years of graduate school and finally working as a trainee for three to ten years while earning 3-4 times the Federal Poverty level. Then you are permitted to work on your own and go into business, but are unable to set the rates that you will charge your customers. You are required by the federal and state government to pay for the privilege of working, and have to comply with intrusive regulations making it more costly to conduct business with no ability to pass these costs along to your customers. You have almost a...
You misunderstood his arguments. Re-read it, he is pointing out that both groups are curbing the abilities of Doctors to practice free-market medicine. Hospitals carve out a nice position by being "non-profit" yet their administrators make six to seven figure salaries. Then when doctors want to build a hospital and offer better prices to consumers they block them. NPs and Optoms undercut physicians by pretending to offer equivalent health-care and thus demand equal reimbursement from third party government payers. Some doctors have even hired these para-professionals in an attempt to make ends meet. In the end, the patients get it in the back end. They simply don't have the training.
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 4 minutes ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Gates: Crimea is gone Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago