Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
The GOP needs to avoid falling into traps set by Democrats and the liberal media. We could tell who the GOP nominee was going to be by the staging of the campaign themes last year by Obama goons and dirty Democrats infesting Chicago - villify the rich - especially those (Romney) who had worked on Wall Street. There are in fact many Republicans who are NOT rich. Let's keep this in mind for '14 and '16. Financial success is no longer admired in this nation of envious, bitter, resentful whiners, losers and deadbeats. Play their game, nominate someone that can (and will) try to reach out/relate to common people. Marco Rubio, Mike Huckabee are good examples. Jeb Bush is superb, but anyone with that name will be eviscerated.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014