Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
The GOP needs to avoid falling into traps set by Democrats and the liberal media. We could tell who the GOP nominee was going to be by the staging of the campaign themes last year by Obama goons and dirty Democrats infesting Chicago - villify the rich - especially those (Romney) who had worked on Wall Street. There are in fact many Republicans who are NOT rich. Let's keep this in mind for '14 and '16. Financial success is no longer admired in this nation of envious, bitter, resentful whiners, losers and deadbeats. Play their game, nominate someone that can (and will) try to reach out/relate to common people. Marco Rubio, Mike Huckabee are good examples. Jeb Bush is superb, but anyone with that name will be eviscerated.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 26 minutes ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Obama to deliver statement at 6:45 ET feigning interest in border crisis Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Border crisis update: White House is renovating its bowling alley Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Lois Lerner’s attorney backtracks: Okay, maybe she printed out ‘some’ emails Noah Rothman 3 hours ago