Conservatives, as opposed to the Republicans who partially overlap them on the Venn diagram of American politics, need a strategy. Strategy differs from mere tactics – it is a synchronization of potential ways (think courses of action) and available means (think resources) to achieve a long term end. Tactics are the techniques supporting the strategy....
The GOP needs to avoid falling into traps set by Democrats and the liberal media. We could tell who the GOP nominee was going to be by the staging of the campaign themes last year by Obama goons and dirty Democrats infesting Chicago - villify the rich - especially those (Romney) who had worked on Wall Street. There are in fact many Republicans who are NOT rich. Let's keep this in mind for '14 and '16. Financial success is no longer admired in this nation of envious, bitter, resentful whiners, losers and deadbeats. Play their game, nominate someone that can (and will) try to reach out/relate to common people. Marco Rubio, Mike Huckabee are good examples. Jeb Bush is superb, but anyone with that name will be eviscerated.
In 1968, the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese Army insurgents rose up against the American and South Vietnamese forces in the Tet Offensive. They were wiped out, yet seven years later they were in control of the country. There are lessons there for us conservatives.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 8 hours ago