This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
There, officially, is a different kind of reverence that is afforded to non-divine beings in Catholic circles. It's called "doulia" and distinguished from the "latria" which is afforded to God. And so they go ahead and "doulistically" hail saints in heaven and the righteous angels, though sometimes I've seen references to beings that sound like hybrids thereof, which makes no sense to me as a fighting fundie. To me, hailing Mary to pray to God, would be like to make a round-the-world satellite telephone call in order to chat with somebody who's sitting on the other side of the kitchen table.
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 34 minutes ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 3 hours ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Uh oh: Reports claim Ukrainian air force base in Sevastopol has been stormed by pro-Russian forces Allahpundit 4 hours ago