One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
not even so much ignite, as to simply stop stifling.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Harbinger: Rothenberg changes race rating in Arkansas Senate Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Science: On second thought, no, secondhand smoke won’t kill you Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Did conservatives get trolled by Pajama Boy? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Chris Matthews: “Anger and fear” are driving America to all this “right-wing nuttiness” Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Video: Christie reaches agreement with New Jersey Democrats on in-state tuition for illegal immigrants Allahpundit 6 hours ago