What happened was that I felt a longing, even an emptiness, I had never before experienced. Something was missing from my life, but I could not at first identify it. I knew it was not about being without friends or family -- after all, I hadn't been with family or friends for the previous three months. And it wasn't about being alone -- I had gotten used to...
There are also different kinds of "not knowing." If you pretend you're an expert in farming and under that pretense you get hired as a servant on a farm, but really you don't know a cow from mary had a little lamb, well you are going to get held responsible for doing it wrong even though you were ignorant. But again, Dim Bulb doesn't want to do anything but raise superficial sensations against the knowledge of Christ. It's not like such issues have not been raised, and answered, a million times before.
When I was 20, I spent my junior year in college in England. When classes let out for the last two weeks of December, I traveled to Morocco, where something life-changing occurred.
- Philadelphia mayor prepares to fund Russian mob with new cigarette tax Jazz Shaw 31 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 13 hours ago