Over the last few months, it has been absolutely stunning to see Mitt Romney, of all people, portrayed as some sort of greedy, ruthless, unfeeling corporate raider who plows over everyone who gets in his way so he can make a few dollars more. Of all the criticisms you could aim at Mitt Romney, there is none that has less validity than that one. In fact, the vast majority of people who read this column -- whether they're liberal, conservative, or moderate -- probably don't personally know a single person who has proven to be more generous and compassionate than...
This is nice; it would have been even nicer if in Massachusetts Mitt had managed to refrain from trying to coerce Catholic adoption agencies into getting involved with domestic partnerships that their faith identified as being always sinful. I'm not even Catholic and I can see that such trampling on religious liberties is wrong. Mitt might in some sense strongly wish to do good but he's still unclear on the concept of evil. Mitt as president will almost certainly be far easier to work with than Obama would be, still he bears watching for wild hairs.
- Coercive fines, national security, and the Death Star Ed Morrissey 11 mins ago
- McCain to Rand Paul: Have you ever been to Syria and met with ISIS like I have? Allahpundit 52 mins ago
- Sure sounds like Mike Huckabee is thinking of running for president Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukraine parliament approves EU pact, eastern autonomy as fighting continues Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Ron Fournier, Aaron Klein, Fr. Bill Miscamble Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: On taxes, the US beats France, Portugal, and … that’s about it Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago