As many of us know, the petition page on the White House website has become a very popular way for Americans to voice their opinions. A hot topic being discussed on this petition page is one that calls for the deportation of Piers Morgan, a popular television personality. After the shooting in Newtown Morgan hosted Larry Pratt, the executive director of the Gun Owners of America, to discuss what should be done to prevent shootings like this from happening again. When Mr. Pratt suggested that more guns were the answer, Morgan went on to call him an “unbelievably stupid man”....
"I’m British, a breed of human being who burned down the White House in 1814" What does this comment have to do with anything regarding gun control? As usual, the vapid and effete left shows us how they will bring up red herrings whenever they start losing a debate. I'm sure Mr. Morgan meant it as a hurtful insult. Typical of the British, they don't understand America. History lesson: Centuries ago, when they still had fighting men, the British burned DC and relentlessly humiliated America at every turn, yet Americans never gave up. British beatings only strengthened American resolve. In the end - we won. If Mr. Morgan wants to discuss the history of US-UK military relations, perhaps we can start with the Battle of New Orleans?
- WaPo: Was Foley’s killer a former Gitmo detainee? Ed Morrissey 2 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 12 hours ago