As many of us know, the petition page on the White House website has become a very popular way for Americans to voice their opinions. A hot topic being discussed on this petition page is one that calls for the deportation of Piers Morgan, a popular television personality. After the shooting in Newtown Morgan hosted Larry Pratt, the executive director of the Gun Owners of America, to discuss what should be done to prevent shootings like this from happening again. When Mr. Pratt suggested that more guns were the answer, Morgan went on to call him an “unbelievably stupid man”....
"I’m British, a breed of human being who burned down the White House in 1814" What does this comment have to do with anything regarding gun control? As usual, the vapid and effete left shows us how they will bring up red herrings whenever they start losing a debate. I'm sure Mr. Morgan meant it as a hurtful insult. Typical of the British, they don't understand America. History lesson: Centuries ago, when they still had fighting men, the British burned DC and relentlessly humiliated America at every turn, yet Americans never gave up. British beatings only strengthened American resolve. In the end - we won. If Mr. Morgan wants to discuss the history of US-UK military relations, perhaps we can start with the Battle of New Orleans?
- Video: Feds probing Maryland ObamaCare exchange Ed Morrissey 14 minutes ago
- Nancy Pelosi: A Republican friend of mine told me that his party is “indifferent” to “really hungry children,” you know Erika Johnsen 54 minutes ago
- Nudity, prudity, and double standards on cable television Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Funny or die: Obama pitches ObamaCare to Zach Galifianakis; Update: Goal achieved Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Netanyahu: PA has to recognize Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago