As many of us know, the petition page on the White House website has become a very popular way for Americans to voice their opinions. A hot topic being discussed on this petition page is one that calls for the deportation of Piers Morgan, a popular television personality. After the shooting in Newtown Morgan hosted Larry Pratt, the executive director of the Gun Owners of America, to discuss what should be done to prevent shootings like this from happening again. When Mr. Pratt suggested that more guns were the answer, Morgan went on to call him an “unbelievably stupid man”....
"I’m British, a breed of human being who burned down the White House in 1814" What does this comment have to do with anything regarding gun control? As usual, the vapid and effete left shows us how they will bring up red herrings whenever they start losing a debate. I'm sure Mr. Morgan meant it as a hurtful insult. Typical of the British, they don't understand America. History lesson: Centuries ago, when they still had fighting men, the British burned DC and relentlessly humiliated America at every turn, yet Americans never gave up. British beatings only strengthened American resolve. In the end - we won. If Mr. Morgan wants to discuss the history of US-UK military relations, perhaps we can start with the Battle of New Orleans?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- At Ohio State, you may be guilty of sexual assault if… Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Actress Daniele Watts handcuffed for failing to show ID to police Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen to six years in a labor camp Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Poll: Americans have little confidence in Obama’s ISIS ‘strategy’ Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 2 open thread Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago