I failed a whole year of 8th grade algebra. The teacher cackled & sneered as she called me a failure - because that's exactly what I was. When I repeated it in the 9th grade I averaged 102%. Years later in college I got a math tutoring scholarship, and graduated with a economics major & statistics minor. Failure & shame turned into willpower & determination. I'm not especially smart or different from other people - I just learned a hard life lesson at an early age. I don't see how allowing failures to actually fail hurts students.
- Attkisson: CBS News too “ideologically entrenched” to air stories critical of the Obama administration Ed Morrissey 59 minutes ago
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 14 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 20 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 22 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit Apr 20, 2014