I failed a whole year of 8th grade algebra. The teacher cackled & sneered as she called me a failure - because that's exactly what I was. When I repeated it in the 9th grade I averaged 102%. Years later in college I got a math tutoring scholarship, and graduated with a economics major & statistics minor. Failure & shame turned into willpower & determination. I'm not especially smart or different from other people - I just learned a hard life lesson at an early age. I don't see how allowing failures to actually fail hurts students.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 11 hours ago