I remember sitting at the dinner table with my parents at 8 years old. During that season, the “no elbows on the table” rule was in full force. In addition, my mother constantly chided me for using slang as opposed to proper English. Those 3-4 years seemed like hell on earth, Nonetheless, years later, I could trace my success in school to my family dinner table and a few great teachers. My parents always said, “For a black man to do half as well, he must be twice as good!” For them, education was almost a “sacred privilege” which had been...
Good question--it could be his economic policies or it could be his education policies or it could be any number of things. specificity makes the case more effectively
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama approval at new low of 41% Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago