The Republican controlled Michigan legislature passed right-to-work legislation late Tuesday morning as union members loudly protested inside and outside of the Capitol in Lansing. Michigan Democrat Rep. Douglas Geiss threatened on the House floor this morning "there would be blood" if the legislation passed. Riot police have been on the scene since early this morning bracing for violence.
The Michigan House Democrats reiterated their threat on their Twitter page, but have since deleted it.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 38 mins ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 3 hours ago