Last night on the O'Reilly Factor, former Secretary of State Colin Powell again accused the Republican party of racism, saying calling President Obama lazy is code language despite Obama referring to himself as lazy. Powell's comments come two weeks after he said the GOP had a "dark vein of intolerance" on NBC's Meet the Press.
All words are symbols. What people invest in those symbols is indicative of their bias. Mr. Powell's bias is demonstrated by the symbols (words) he uses. "Racist" and "racism" are symbols used by those who's minds are fettered by emotion instead of logic in regards to certain topics. Mentally they experience anger at perceived injustice to themselves because of their origins. Colin Powell appears to be no exception by the choice of the symbols he uses.
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 18 hours ago