Last night on the O'Reilly Factor, former Secretary of State Colin Powell again accused the Republican party of racism, saying calling President Obama lazy is code language despite Obama referring to himself as lazy. Powell's comments come two weeks after he said the GOP had a "dark vein of intolerance" on NBC's Meet the Press.
All words are symbols. What people invest in those symbols is indicative of their bias. Mr. Powell's bias is demonstrated by the symbols (words) he uses. "Racist" and "racism" are symbols used by those who's minds are fettered by emotion instead of logic in regards to certain topics. Mentally they experience anger at perceived injustice to themselves because of their origins. Colin Powell appears to be no exception by the choice of the symbols he uses.
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago