Last night on the O'Reilly Factor, former Secretary of State Colin Powell again accused the Republican party of racism, saying calling President Obama lazy is code language despite Obama referring to himself as lazy. Powell's comments come two weeks after he said the GOP had a "dark vein of intolerance" on NBC's Meet the Press.
All words are symbols. What people invest in those symbols is indicative of their bias. Mr. Powell's bias is demonstrated by the symbols (words) he uses. "Racist" and "racism" are symbols used by those who's minds are fettered by emotion instead of logic in regards to certain topics. Mentally they experience anger at perceived injustice to themselves because of their origins. Colin Powell appears to be no exception by the choice of the symbols he uses.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago