Mike, I appreciate you, but your repeated use of the term product of rape" is just as offensive to someone who was conceived in rape as the term "legimate rape" would be to a rape victim. It makes me ill to read this absolutely dehumanizing term for an unborn child. Noone else ever stsgets called a "product", which is a thing. It's the same dehumanizing language used by abortion rights activists -- "product of conception". I urge you to stop.
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- NBC: Isn’t it great to have a multi-billionaire pour money into politics? Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago