Mike, I appreciate you, but your repeated use of the term product of rape" is just as offensive to someone who was conceived in rape as the term "legimate rape" would be to a rape victim. It makes me ill to read this absolutely dehumanizing term for an unborn child. Noone else ever stsgets called a "product", which is a thing. It's the same dehumanizing language used by abortion rights activists -- "product of conception". I urge you to stop.
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Great news: Homeland Security can’t find 6,000 foreign nationals in US Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Did US kill Al-Shabaab leader responsible for Kenya mall massacre? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CDC Director: Ebola in Africa now an ‘epidemic,’ ‘completely out of control’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: UK takes steps to keep British jihadists from returning Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago