Mike, I appreciate you, but your repeated use of the term product of rape" is just as offensive to someone who was conceived in rape as the term "legimate rape" would be to a rape victim. It makes me ill to read this absolutely dehumanizing term for an unborn child. Noone else ever stsgets called a "product", which is a thing. It's the same dehumanizing language used by abortion rights activists -- "product of conception". I urge you to stop.
Todd Akin’s grossly irresponsible remarks about “legitimate rape” and conception have received much media attention. As well they should. The sheer weirdness of the remarks calls into question both his intelligence and his personal integrity. How could someone conclude logically that a rape victim’s body has the capacity to prevent conception in the wake of sexual assault? And why would someone assert that the conclusion had been supported by doctors with whom he had spoken? Clearly, Akin contrived the idea on the spot and then contrived the claim that there were doctors who had informed and/or supported his assertion. All of...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 8 hours ago