One of the great ironies of the gun control debate is that everyone who calls for gun control still wants a man with a gun protecting him. Every governor in America has armed security. You have to go through a metal detector guarded by men with guns to get into the Capitol building. Barack Obama has hundreds of Secret Service agents carrying fully automatic weapons who protect his safety. Even run-of-the-mill Democrats who want to take guns away from everyone else will unhesitatingly pick up the phone and call the police if they feel threatened -- so that a man...
If you listen to the gun control argument, their plan is very clear. They want to "dry up" the supply of guns by eventually banning all guns. When you reply "you leave innocent people defenseless" they reply that's a price THEY are willing to pay.. So how many years of only the criminals being armed will it take to ensure all the guns are gone? Ten? Twenty? More? So how many innocents will be killed by those armed criminals before the illegal guns can all be flushed out? Even their 'best' arguments are idiotic. And how long would it take to "dry up" the guns that Eric Holder flooded into Mexico? Even if every gun in the US suddenly disappeared, the guns would still exist and come in with the drug mules.
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 24 minutes ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago