During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
"As soon as they are old enough, and curious enough, they will head straight for those weapons." Hopefully, to give you some much deserved ventilation.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago