During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
"As soon as they are old enough, and curious enough, they will head straight for those weapons." Hopefully, to give you some much deserved ventilation.
- AP poll: 52% say border kids fleeing gang violence shouldn’t be treated as refugees Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- As Jews flee Europe, the sneering media admonished again Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Rebound: Q2 GDP hits 4% Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Americans unhappy with how Obama has managed the conflict in Gaza Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jesse Ventura: Don’t feel sorry for Chris Kyle’s widow, I’m the victim here Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Hot Air Survey: July Results Patrick Ishmael 3 hours ago