But not much. The 168 members of the RNC grappled with the consequences of losing the presidential race, losing the Senate and losing seats in the House....
We're the stupidest morons for re-electing people like John McCain, who have made clear their positions on amnesty. If the American people hadn't risen up against it, regardless of party, we would have had this shoved down our throats by Bush, McCain, Graham and their Democrat counterparts in 2007. These pols make a fake move to the right during a primary and the voters go for it...almost every time. This amnesty will break our country in a few years. Between encouraging a greater influx of uneducated, poorly skilled third world welfare state recipients (and affirmative action beneficiaries) and their greater tendency to vote themselves "bread and circuses", we will have become the new Roman Empire.
The Republican National Committee chose to hold its recent winter meeting in Charlotte because North Carolina was a rare bright spot in last year's presidential election. Although it was the high-profile site of the Democratic National Convention, North Carolina became one of just two states won by Barack Obama in 2008 that went for Mitt Romney in 2012. (The other was Indiana.) So being in North Carolina made Republicans feel a little better.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 6 hours ago