Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
I agree that USADA should be regulated and much more accountable for the taxpayer money they use. I don't agree that Armstrong didn't get a fair shake. They offered him the opportunity to enter arbitration. I refused. That's on him. He cheated... plain and simple. Him saying he didn't use PEDs is about as accurate a statement as Slick Willie's "I did not have sex with that woman".
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 15 mins ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 55 mins ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago