Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
I agree that USADA should be regulated and much more accountable for the taxpayer money they use. I don't agree that Armstrong didn't get a fair shake. They offered him the opportunity to enter arbitration. I refused. That's on him. He cheated... plain and simple. Him saying he didn't use PEDs is about as accurate a statement as Slick Willie's "I did not have sex with that woman".
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago