Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
I agree that USADA should be regulated and much more accountable for the taxpayer money they use. I don't agree that Armstrong didn't get a fair shake. They offered him the opportunity to enter arbitration. I refused. That's on him. He cheated... plain and simple. Him saying he didn't use PEDs is about as accurate a statement as Slick Willie's "I did not have sex with that woman".
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- WaPo editors: Say, this ISIS intervention looks a wee bit “underpowered,” no? Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- ObamaCare subsidies funding abortion coverage: GAO Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Super: NASA’s asteroid avoidance program is on par with the rest of the federal government Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Adrian Peterson: “I am, without a doubt, not a child abuser.” Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 12 hours ago