Armstrong's unprecedented fall from grace has precipitated...
I agree that USADA should be regulated and much more accountable for the taxpayer money they use. I don't agree that Armstrong didn't get a fair shake. They offered him the opportunity to enter arbitration. I refused. That's on him. He cheated... plain and simple. Him saying he didn't use PEDs is about as accurate a statement as Slick Willie's "I did not have sex with that woman".
Lance Armstrong, one of the greatest endurance athletes of modern times, who won the grueling Tour de France bicycle race a record seven consecutive times from 1995 to 2005, has been stripped of all awards and prizes he won during his storied cycling career. The reason for these harsh sanctions against Armstrong was a finding by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) that the athlete had used illicit, performance-enhancing drugs during his cycling career. Yet, because of its status as unaccountable regulatory power, the USADA never had to prove its case against Armstrong.
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 22 mins ago
- Congressman: The CIA thinks Obama’s strategy of arming Syrian moderates is “doomed to failure” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Ukrainian President warns joint session of Congress of the ‘new Cold War’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Will Scotland declare independence? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Syrian rebels openly admit: We’re going to use America’s money to fight Assad, not just ISIS Allahpundit 3 hours ago