Continued from last post) There are those people who walk the halls of congress, lobbiest, that offer big money to the members of congress so they will vote on certain issues and projects and also vote for money to be earmarked for their districts to sppend on improvements. They are as big a problem as those members who have served for 20 or 30 years and are happy with the way things are. Money for me, and money for my voters, how much easier can it get? We need to change the whole bunch of them out and hire new ones. What do y'all say?
Within the past decade, I've written columns titled "Deception 101," "Stubborn Ignorance" and "Exploiting Public Ignorance," all explaining which branch of the federal government has taxing and spending authority. So here it is again: The first clause of Article 1, Section 7 of the U.S. Constitution, generally known as the "origination clause," reads: "All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills." Constitutionally and by precedent, the House of Representatives has the exclusive prerogative to originate bills to appropriate money, as well as to raise...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago