You know, as a country, we have grown accustom to letting things be the same as usual. As long as we can go to work, pay our bills and try to live the American dream, then why bother with anything. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, after reading some of these post on the subject of who can and who can't collectt and spend taxes, I know I am not the only one who feels like we need to wash the whole lot of them out of their comfortable seats and start new with some good "New Meat". I know it will not be as easy as electing others, because there is more to the story than Congress appropriating more money for the president to spend and them voting themselves pay raises when all of us are struggliing to make ends meet. (Continued next post)
Within the past decade, I've written columns titled "Deception 101," "Stubborn Ignorance" and "Exploiting Public Ignorance," all explaining which branch of the federal government has taxing and spending authority. So here it is again: The first clause of Article 1, Section 7 of the U.S. Constitution, generally known as the "origination clause," reads: "All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills." Constitutionally and by precedent, the House of Representatives has the exclusive prerogative to originate bills to appropriate money, as well as to raise...
- Report: Ebola cases starting to drop in Liberia Allahpundit 22 mins ago
- Not exactly self-isolation: Ebola patient’s itinerary prompts questions about protocols Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Does Georgia vote Democratic in 2014? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Martha Coakley’s campaign seems to be in mid-collapse Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Half of Americans willing to pay zero additional dollars for EPA carbon regs Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Video: Hatchet-wielding attacker has “Islamic extremist leanings” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago