You know, as a country, we have grown accustom to letting things be the same as usual. As long as we can go to work, pay our bills and try to live the American dream, then why bother with anything. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Well, after reading some of these post on the subject of who can and who can't collectt and spend taxes, I know I am not the only one who feels like we need to wash the whole lot of them out of their comfortable seats and start new with some good "New Meat". I know it will not be as easy as electing others, because there is more to the story than Congress appropriating more money for the president to spend and them voting themselves pay raises when all of us are struggliing to make ends meet. (Continued next post)
Within the past decade, I've written columns titled "Deception 101," "Stubborn Ignorance" and "Exploiting Public Ignorance," all explaining which branch of the federal government has taxing and spending authority. So here it is again: The first clause of Article 1, Section 7 of the U.S. Constitution, generally known as the "origination clause," reads: "All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills." Constitutionally and by precedent, the House of Representatives has the exclusive prerogative to originate bills to appropriate money, as well as to raise...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 33 mins ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Rumor du jour: House GOP working on “punishment” for votes against Boehner as Speaker Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Ukraine, rebels agree on buffer zone, withdrawal of foreign troops and “mercenaries” Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Could Louisiana elect an 87 year old Democrat felon to Congress? Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago