Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
If you oppose John Kerry, that means you are prejudicial against horses or horse faced people. I think it is called equinephobe or something liked that.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Scarborough: A certain network should cover Bridgegate clearing as much as allegations Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Remind me again, why isn’t Condi Rice running for president? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Following Scotland’s lead: 25% of USA residents open to breaking away Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Video: Does watching NFL games make you an ‘enabler’ of domestic violence? Guy Benson 4 hours ago
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 5 hours ago