The answer is "no." Why? Because when the "Eurodollar" market of "offshore financial centers" started up in the early 1960's, that essentially made the US dollar the world's reference standard for currencies. The yuan is not circulated around the world widely enough to be a useful currency.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago