To kick off the yearlong protest festivities, the Wisconsin Education Association Council led a massive "sickout" of educators and other government school personnel. The coordinated truancy action -- tantamount to an illegal strike -- cost taxpayers an estimated $6 million. Left-wing doctors assisted the campaign by supplying fake medical excuse notes to teachers who ditched...
In response to:
That's funny. What about Texas and other states that don't have unionized public work forces?
They really outdid themselves. In Wisconsin and across the nation, public school employee unions spared no kiddie human shields in their battle against GOP Gov. Scott Walker's budget and pension reforms. Students were the first and last casualties of the ruthless Big Labor war against fiscal discipline.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- In effort to shield Obama from criticism on ISIS, White House makes everything worse Noah Rothman 6 hours ago