On April 30th in 1789, at Federal Hall in New York City, George Washington took the oath of office to become the first president of the United States. He took that oath amidst a widespread surge of popularity and consensual respect that has yet to be replicated in any subsequent presidential election in this country. For two terms, Washington was able to govern, and govern well, because even before he won the election as president of the United States, through his deeds, Washington had won the respect and trust of all of colonial America. If measured against...
You have the talking points down pat, but the facts all wrong. The dims took over both houses of congress in January 2007. That's when the uncontrolled spending took off. It was the Republicans who tried to reign in a runaway Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and it was the dims who protected them. Click on this link and see where you have been lied to. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMInSfanqg
- Democratic Senator calls for CIA director’s resignation for spying on Congress Noah Rothman 48 minutes ago
- “Are you a Christian?” Tucker Carlson vs. Kirsten Powers on admitting children from Central America Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Joe Scarborough on Israel: “We cannot be associated with this if this continues” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Clintons on unauthorized bios: “Should neither be allowed nor enabled” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: Male justices can’t understand Hobby Lobby case because genitals Noah Rothman 3 hours ago