"If increasing your income by $10,000 would cause you to lose $15,000 in government benefits, would you do it?" I would, for sure, because I view government assistance as a shameful and absolute last resort for me. I didn't even take unemployment during my time off. I'm proud and independent. I resent those on the left who want to try and force me to hold their hand, like I'm some child that needs constant monitoring. This is my life to live, and I don't expect anyone else to care, or to accommodate me.
- Snowden Q&A overshadowed at SXSW by … Girls Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago