Castro spoke of his grandmother often during the speech, speaking of her coming to America from Mexico as an orphan. She persevered despite never even finishing grade school. She worked as a maid, a cook, and a babysitter, Castro...
In response to:
I was born and raised in a city (Shreveport, LA) where the downtown streets are named Texas and for the heroes of the Alamo. And now there has been elected a Mexican-heritage mayor of San Antonio who is a socialist just like our president and whose mother hates the alamo, the brave white Americans who fought there and would like to see it torn down. WTF is happening to this country? It's almost like a silent army has come in here and in a very short time, taken over. If we can't take it back through elections, what are we to do?
Julian Castro, Mayor of San Antonio, had the honored position of giving the keynote speech at the Democratic Convention. The 37-year-old had a lot of pressure as he was being compared to Barack Obama giving his speech in 2004. Fortunately his grandmother was not there because she would have taken him over her knee and given him a good thrashing.
- Russian ambassador: We’re making it easier for Latvian ethnic Russians to get citizenship Ed Morrissey 34 minutes ago
- Let the primaries begin: Rand Paul, Ted Cruz battle over foreign policy Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- True Detective finale: greatest miniseries end ever? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- CPAC: Winners, losers, or just a debate? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Senate Democrats plan all-night global-warming talkathon in support of … er … Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Mystery of Flight 370 deepens Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago