Ten years before the American Revolution, the British Parliament passed the Stamp Act of 1765, which was the first in a series of direct taxes over the American colonies. The colonists immediately recognized it as a violation of their fundamental...
One strategy that's been bandied about is for Republicans to vote present on every bill over the next 2 years. The Democrats will be forced to own the consequences. Even the media will have a tough time spinning the resulting calamity as the Republicans' fault. Then in 2014 the Tea Party will snatch up all those seats that Democrats will lose. The only question is whether they stick to their fiscally conservatives guns or will they crumble like Allen West did on the debt ceiling vote.
Winston Churchill once quipped you can “trust the American people to do the right thing after they have tried everything else.” His observation touches on a recurring theme in United States history: major political change is often preceded by a decade long learning curve. This pattern can be seen from the Founding era up to the election of 2012.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Sally Kohn: How can Israel supporters argue the IDF’s violence is justified, but Hamas’ isn’t? Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Most transparent administration ever closes Apollo 11 anniversary event to press Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 11 hours ago