In one essay, "We Don't Want No Education," reprinted by City Journal, Dalrymple says that he cannot recall meeting a 16-year-old from the public housing project near his hospital who could perform simple multiplication operations, such as nine times seven. One 17-year-old told him, "We didn't get that far." This was after 12 years of...
Where are all the liberals to point out why they do not find compelling a column written by a black author using hard data unavoidably contrary to their views on racism and the plight of blacks?
Anthony Daniels, who writes under the pen name Theodore Dalrymple, is a retired prison doctor and psychiatrist who tells of his experiences with his patients in "Life at the Bottom." It's an insightful book of essays about the self-destructive behavior and attitudes of the underclass.
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 40 mins ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Scotland votes No to independence Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago